The London Transgender Clinic is a leading transgender services clinic; passionate for delivering the highest levels of patient care in services ranging from psychological assessment/support, hormone therapy, surgery, skin care, hair removal and more.
This role will involve you working closely within a small clinical team made up of a Senior Nurse Prescriber, Clinical Manager, Director of Clinical Services and Medical Director. You will also work closely with the Administration Team, who will support your administrative responsibilities to ensure the smooth running of your practice.
- Assessing, monitoring and prescribing hormone therapy to transgender individuals
- Recording important data such as medical/ psychological/social history, taking medical photographs
- Working within a multidisciplinary team of professionals.
- Liaising closely with patient GPs
- Supporting the Senior Nurse Prescriber
- Ensuring patient files, including their details, and required documentation are accurate and complete
- Following up consultations with letters to relevant healthcare providers.
- Providing emotional support and empathy for transgender individuals.
- Supporting the Clinical Manager in the preparation of Care Standard reports, including keeping all policies and procedure documentation up-to-date
- Working in line with Government and WPATH best practice guidelines.
- Working with Clinical Manager and Property Manager to ensure compliance with all Health & Safety regulations and CQC standards
- After a period of learning and supervision progressing to independent practice and prescribing of hormones for transgender individuals.
- Ensuring all patient complaints are recorded in the Patients Complaints log and Clinical Manager is immediately aware
- Ensuring patient IT database is kept up-to-date and accurate at all times with very detailed notes, medical history, photos, and contact details
- Assisting in patient enquiries either by email or telephone, ensuring any concerns are dealt with immediately
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient running of the Clinic
Desirable: work experience in family planning, sexual health, general practice, midwifery or nurse practitioner.
Essential: NMC Registered + Independent Nurse Prescriber qualification.
- Complimentary treatment monthly
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays; pro rata
- Flexible working if required
- Support from endocrinologists
- Training funded
- Competitive salary
- Supportive and friendly team
Please send your CVs via email to Maeve McRitchie, Business Manager >[email protected]< or for more information call Maeve on 0207 487 0910.